He smells me, he smells me not ....

As I look out of my window, I feel the air pregnant with Petrichor.The black skies threaten to pour out any minute now.I must have experienced it countless times over now. But every time , I feel I cant get enough. I cant think of any other olfactory experience is soo out of the world.
A few more random ones :

Petrol. Inhaling every bit of it as the leaky chennai buses made their way through crowded streets and sweltering heat.

The oily, browish can of Kerosene , that served to light those lamps on horrendous Chennai hurricane nights, when we four used to cuddle up in the bedroom, to escape the wrath of the rain Gods.

Eva - That heady perfume, the first gift from my "earning member" sis , that earned me a lot of brownie points from my teenage friends.

Gillette Men's perfume - That first step towards acknowledging the woman in me.

Smell of fresh paint - A whole bunch of us get drenched in its myriad colors during Holi at SUB,that feeling of family.

Johnson's Baby Powder ....

Amma's Rasam as the prodigal daughter returns home...

The first whiff of my hand made incense sticks...

How Paati's wrinkled , loose skin smells when I hug her and she cries for no reason at all..

Basmati, as it simmers down on my microwave, giving me immense satisfaction of the painstakingly well made Monday meal.

Mint, Mint and more mint - as pudina, mint tea, mint gum, mint cookies, mint chocolates...

And many, many more...

PS : If you havent guessed already, the title has no connection with the post, well, just a cheap ploy to get you guys read the whole post. The theme though, was suggested by my Marketing Manager :)(Oh yeah !! I just got myself a Marketing Manager :))
0 Responses