The Serenity Prayer

There is this phase of growing up, when the bird flies out of its nest, and discovers a whole new world. A world , different from its own. In that process, you discover things about yourself, and your "home" - somethings you are thankful for, and somethings you want to change about yourself. When I look back at the time I was 16, and I left home to live with new people in a far away land one thing I loved about my home - It always taught be to be open-minded. Especially in terms of religion/spirituality - based notions. The first three lines of this little prayer have always been very special to me, and my family. For no particular reason , I want to post this today.Here is the full prayer.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.

--Reinhold Niebuhr
0 Responses