"Robert, there is a creature inside you I am not good enough to bring out, strong enough to reach. Sometimes I have the feeling you've been here a long time, more than one lifetime,and that you have dwelt in private places that none of the rest of us has even dreamed about. You frighten me,even though you are gentle with me.If I didnt fight to control myself with you,I feel like I might lose my center and never get back"

"She wished him steaming trains that left from winter stations"

"Before I became a man I was an arrow - a long time ago"

"Falling from Dimension Z"

"In retrospect, it seems inevitable - it could not have been any other day - a case of what I call the high probability of the improbable"

"Ways that whisper to you in the final moment before sleep comes, when the barriers have fallen. ways that rearrange the molecular space between a male and female, regardless of the species"


"Analysis destroys wholes.some things, magic things, are meant to stay whole. if you look at their pieces, they go away"

"The old dreams were good dreams, they didnt work out but I am glad I had them"

"The bottle unopened


and glasses empty


she reached to find them


somewhere north of Middle River,


in Iowa.


I watched her with eyes


that had seen a Jivaro's Amazon


and the Silk Road


with caravan dust


climbing behind me,


reaching into unused


spaces of an Asian sky."



"To ancient evenings and distant music"


" There was room to dance again. In a slow, unremitting way she was turning home, toward a place she had never been"

"around the ancient tower .. i have been circling for a thousand years"


"This is why I am here on this planet at this time Francesa. Not to travel or make pictures but to love you.I know that now. I have been falling from the rim of a great high place somewhere back in time,for many more years than I have lived in this life.and through all of those years, I have been falling towards you."


"i am the highway and a peregrine and all the sails that ever went to sea"

"In a universe of ambiguity, this kind of certainity comes only once, and never again, no matter how many lifetimes you live"

My favorite quotes from "The Bridges of Madison County". This post was orginally written on 8/21/08. Not sure why that is relevant, but I loved the book and so I needed to post this.
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.