I have no issues with Gay marriages. I have some very close and wonderful friends who are gay. It doesn't matter how I feel about homosexuality as a concept but in terms of civil rights I believe that everyone should have the right to enjoy equal civil union liberties, whether married to a person of the same sex or not. I don't get conservative bullshit about protecting the sanctity of marriage. I think thats hypocritical - if sancitity is all you care about then you should ban divorces too. In a country where more than half the marriages end in divorce, take that pseudo-conservatives !

While we are at it, let me be very clear on the abortion issue. I am a vegetarian by choice, and I don't believe that we have the right to kill anyone, let alone another human life. But this is MY personal belief. I believe that there is a God, and I believe that we don't have the right to kill another life. Yes, I know the gray areas - incest, rape, congenital defects. I am not going there. But my point is, it is MY belief that abortion is not justified in most cases and it is not something I would ever do. But on the same tone, I would not impose it on anyone. It is an individual's right to choose . Why is the state trying to play God ?
1 Response
  1. theskymind Says:

    Why should we bother abt this Memsaab? We are Indians... :P